Nowadays, wearing wigs has become a must-have for many women. Keeping wigs clean is important, and regularly washing human hair wigs in the appropriate way can ensure their good condition and prolong their lifespan. If you are a beginner and want to learn how to properly clean natural hair wigs, you can refer to some professional guidance or tutorials. In this article, we will provide you with the best tips on cleaning and caring for human hair lace front wigs, including the correct washing method, storage techniques, and care tips.
Should I wash my wig right after buying it?
For best results, you should wash your human hair lace front wigs before wearing it. Manufacturers often use a hair conditioner to cover the hair and keep it moisturized during storage and transportation. Below are the specific reasons why washing is necessary.
After the wig is made, the manufacturer will spray some moisturizer on it, leaving some odors on the wig. These odors may have adverse effects on your scalp and wig, so washing before wearing is necessary.
Making a wig requires many complex processes and adding many chemicals to keep your wig in shape. At the same time, it will be in close contact with our skin, so it must be kept clean to ensure that your skin is not harmed.
Create a Natural Hairstyle
Usually, the new wig's styling is not natural enough. In the manufacturing process, to prevent the wig from deforming, the manufacturer will apply a layer of protective agent on the hair surface, making it difficult to style. Therefore, to get the most natural hairstyle, it is necessary to wash it before wearing it.
How To Wash A Human Hair Wig?
Step 1: Pre-wash Care
- Fill a sink or basin with cold or lukewarm water. It is not recommended to use hot water on wigs as it can damage the hair fibers.
- Before washing a human hair wig, it must be combed to remove any tangles. Use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to comb through the wig. Avoid using a metal wig brush as it can damage the wig. You can divide the wig into three sections and brush from the ends to the middle, then to the top to prevent shedding.
Step 2: Wash the Human Hair Wig
- When washing the real hair wigs, use cool or lukewarm water to fully submerge the wig and let it soak in shampoo for at least 5 minutes to ensure it is fully immersed in water. Then gently lift it up and use your fingers to remove excess water. Use a high-quality shampoo that is suitable for the type of hair you are washing. Put a small amount of shampoo in your hand, gently rub it to createalather, and then gently stroke the hair from the roots to the ends to avoid damaging the wig.
- Rinse thenatural hair wigswith warm water, from the roots to the ends, until all the shampoo is gone. Be gentle when washing, do not twist or wring the wig.
- Apply a hair conditioner evenly to the wig to keep it shiny. Do not let the conditioner touch the roots, then use your fingers to rub it in and make sure it is evenly applied.
- Leave the conditioner on the wig for 4-5 minutes, then rinse it off.
Step 3: Dry the Human Hair Wig
- After rinsing, use a dry towel to absorb excess water until it is slightly dry and no longer dripping.
- Place the wig on a wig stand to air dry and avoid direct sunlight. If you need to use the wig immediately, you can use a hair dryer on low heat. When using a hair dryer, first dry the wig cap, then put the wig on after the cap is dry.
Step 4: Style the Human Hair Wig
- After the wig is completely dry, you can comb it to prepare for styling. Brush from the ends to avoid tangles. If your wig is curly, you can use a wide-tooth comb.
- If you want to change the style, you can lightly spray the wig with water to remove static and restore its natural look. If you want to add volume, backcomb the wig and then smooth the surface hair.
- When not wearing the wig, you can store it on a wig stand to maintain its shape.
How Often to Wash Human Hair Wigs?
The frequency of washing human hair wigs should be adjusted according to daily activities. Over-washing can shorten the lifespan of wigs. The best frequency for washing is once a week or every other week. If the wig becomes dry or tangled, it should be washed. If you use styling products on your wig every day, you need to wash it more frequently. Taking off the human hair lace front wigs before sleeping can reduce the number of washes needed.
How to Care for Human Hair Wigs?
Wearing natural hair wigs for a long time can become very dry. In addition to proper cleaning, appropriate maintenance is also necessary to keep your human hair wig looking like new. Here are 5 top tips for caring for human hair wigs:
Wash the wig with warm water
When washing, use warm water to clean the wig to increase its fluffiness and smoothness. Hot water can deform the wig and make it lose elasticity, while cold water cannot dissolve shampoo and conditioner well.
Do not use inferior washing products
Using the correct wig care products on human hair wigs is essential for maintaining their thickness and fullness. Be sure to buy high-quality shampoo and conditioner to clean the wig and keep it smooth and protected.
Do not let the wig lack moisture
Regularly replenishing moisture in your human hair lace front wigs is essential for protecting curly hair. Wigs lose their nutritional resources when they are cut off, and if we don't maintain them, they will become dry. It needs to be moisturized. Spray some water and use essence to restore the luster of your wig and make it look healthy.
Do not wash the wig frequently
Frequent washing of human hair wigs will shorten their lifespan and cause damage to the wig. For healthy wigs, it is recommended to wash them with shampoo once a week to avoid dust accumulation. In fact, there is no specific cleaning frequency that applies to everyone, but if your real hair wigs look like it needs to be cleaned, you can wash it appropriately.
Properly storing natural hair wigs is part of caring for them. Maintaining wigs is not just about cleaning or styling, but also about how they are stored when not being worn. Hang the wig on a wig stand after use, which helps reduce tangling. Also, keep it away from any heat sources and avoid direct sunlight. Always take off the human hair lace front wigs before going to bed, as it can easily become messy and damaged.
Cleaning human hair wigs is not as difficult as you might think. Once you are familiar with the steps, you will have a vibrant real hair wigs. When washing any wig, be gentle. After washing, comb the hair carefully, otherwise, it will form tangles and knots. With the right care, you can make it look more beautiful and last longer.